In May when HTC announced its Q1, 2013 financial results, it reported that the company’s profits had declined 98% as opposed to the same time last year. It had been evident even before the HTC One was even launched that the company needed a blockbuster device. HTC has posted its sales report for the month of May in which it notes an approximate 50% increase in sales, the increase is backed by strong HTC One sales, reportedly said to be above 5 million units.
HTC One release was delayed quite a lot due to nonavailability of components, what this meant was that the smartphone would have to directly compete with Samsung’s latest flagship the Galaxy S4. It the month of May, the HTC One went head to head with Galaxy S4 in almost any market it was released in. The smartphone held its ground against Galaxy S4, a device that has been dubbed the fastest selling Android smartphone of all time. If this trend continues and the company is able to sell its devices in good numbers, it could very well beat their Q2 earnings guidance by a big margin.
Next Story: Asus MeMo Pad HD 7 Releasing In August 2013
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2014-04-07: Your HTC One M8 Can Be Coverted Into A Google Play Edition
- 2014-04-06: Mysterious HTC 0PAJ3 Spotted On AnTuTu Benchmarks
- 2014-04-03: HTC One M8 Developer Edition Price To Increase Tomorrow
- 2013-06-26: Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One Google Edition
- 2013-05-20: HTC One Android 4.2.2 Update Expected Soon
- 2013-05-02: HTC Profits Dip 98% In Q1 2013
- 2013-05-01: Watch How HTC One Is Fashioned Out Of Pure Metal
- 2013-03-25: HTC Outs 'Quietly Brilliant' Tagline In Favor Of Something 'Bold'