Huawei announced that much awaited Ascend P6 smartphone yesterday in London. Already the Ascend P6 pre-order has gone live in UK and Finland. It currently has the title of being the world’s slimmest smartphone, measuring just 6.18mm thick. Carphone Warehouse in UK will be shipping Ascend P6 starting July 4th, Elisa in Finland has slated the release in mid-July.
The sim-free Ascend P6 has been priced at £329.95, though some five carriers will be offering it on contract as well. The smartphone is free with a two year contract coupled with various monthly plans. Finland’s Elisa is offering Huawei’s latest flagship for €359, they’ve not yet given an exact release date. It is not yet known when the smartphone will be released Stateside, and if any of the carriers here will be offering it. Huawei releases the Ascend P6 first in China later this month. The smartphone has 4.7 inch 720p in-cell LCD display, 1.5GHz quadcore processor, an 8 megapixel rear facing camera and Android 4.2.2. It also has an “industry leading” 5 megapixel front facing camera, which is undoubtedly going to turn out some amazing selfies.
- 2014-04-17: Chinese Manufacturers Gear Up To Rain On OnePlus' Parade
- 2014-04-14: Huawei Ascend P7 Spotted With Metallic Chassis
- 2014-04-03: Huawei Ascend P7 Launches May 7th
- 2014-04-02: Alleged Upcoming Huawei Premium Flagship Handset Leaked
- 2014-04-01: Huawei Ascend Mate 2 Could Be Available In The US Soon
- 2013-11-15: Huawei Ascend P6 Set To Receive Android 4.4 KitKat
- 2013-06-28: Huawei Ascend P6 Google Play Edition Could Arrive
- 2013-06-19: Huawei Targets 10 Million Ascend P6 Shipments In 2013
- 2013-06-18: Huawei Rules Out 'Nexus Experience' Devices, Praises Its Emotion UI
- 2013-06-16: Huawei Continues To Tease Ascend P6 Before 18th June Launch