Two very popular Android smartphones, the Galaxy S4 and HTC One, both have ‘Google Edition‘ or ‘Nexus Experience‘ variants out in the market. These variants don’t come with any major hardware changes, rather they simply run on stock Android as opposed to manufacturer modified versions, which include skins such as TouchWiz and Sense. Huawei announced its Ascend P6 smartphone earlier today and ruled out releasing a ‘Nexus Experience’ version of it. Instead it praises its Emotion UI, saying that they have made “hundreds of improvements” over Google’s stock Android UI.
Richard Yu, Chairman at Huawei made these comments at the Ascend P6 launch event in London. He says that the company’s Emotion UI will be much more attuned to the user’s “emotions.” Such claims are made by all manufacturers, who claim that their own skins are much better than the user interface of stock Android. Emotion UI brings a different launcher and icons as well as various themes to the Ascend P6. So while Samsung and HTC may have deemed it feasible to embrace stock Android, Huawei seems to be sticking solely to its guns.RELATED
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Nokia Steps In After Samsung's PR Nightmare With Galaxy S4 Users
- Follow: Android, ascend p6, Huawei,
- Seen at: pocket-lint