Two very popular Android smartphones, the Galaxy S4 and HTC One, both have ‘Google Edition‘ or ‘Nexus Experience‘ variants out in the market. These variants don’t come with any major hardware changes, rather they simply run on stock Android as opposed to manufacturer modified versions, which include skins such as TouchWiz and Sense. Huawei announced its Ascend P6 smartphone earlier today and ruled out releasing a ‘Nexus Experience’ version of it. Instead it praises its Emotion UI, saying that they have made “hundreds of improvements” over Google’s stock Android UI.
Richard Yu, Chairman at Huawei made these comments at the Ascend P6 launch event in London. He says that the company’s Emotion UI will be much more attuned to the user’s “emotions.” Such claims are made by all manufacturers, who claim that their own skins are much better than the user interface of stock Android. Emotion UI brings a different launcher and icons as well as various themes to the Ascend P6. So while Samsung and HTC may have deemed it feasible to embrace stock Android, Huawei seems to be sticking solely to its guns.
- 2014-04-17 Chinese Manufacturers Gear Up To Rain On OnePlus' Parade
- 2014-04-14 Huawei Ascend P7 Spotted With Metallic Chassis
- 2014-04-03 Huawei Ascend P7 Launches May 7th
- 2014-04-02 Alleged Upcoming Huawei Premium Flagship Handset Leaked
- 2014-04-01 Huawei Ascend Mate 2 Could Be Available In The US Soon
- 2014-03-19 Huawei Dual Boot Windows Phone And Android Device Scrapped
- 2014-03-13 Huawei To Introduce Dual Boot Windows Phone And Android Device
- 2014-02-02 Huawei Tablet To Take On Nexus 7
- 2014-01-09 Huawei Debuts Tron Android-Powered Gaming Console
- 2013-11-15 Huawei Ascend P6 Set To Receive Android 4.4 KitKat