The world of short videos has certainly taken off over the past couple of months with the introduction of Vine, and yesterday, Facebook introduced its own short video feature which it started rolling out into Instagram yesterday. Both iOS and Android users have been able to shoot up to 15 seconds of video, and just like Vine, you can pick and choose what you record within that time simply by tapping and letting go of the screen.
But is video on Instagram ready for prime time? It looks like it isn’t judging by numerous complaints in regards to the application unable to publish newly recorded videos, instead holding them in a “processing” state for several hours. I experienced this issue yesterday when I attempted to upload my own Instagram video, which unfortunately was completely lost due to the application quitting overnight.
At this time, it’s unknown just what might be causing the problem as both iOS and Android users have reported their videos are left “processing” for hours. Unfortunately for Instagram, Vine’s launch went without a hitch, which we’re sure many short video directors will begin to flock to the competing service as long as this processing issue is going on.
- 2014-04-14: Instagram Down, And Up Again
- 2014-04-02: Instagram Works On Bug That Hides Recent Photos
- 2014-03-25: Instagram Hits 200 Million Active Users
- 2014-03-25: Instagram Tests Facebook Places Integration
- 2014-03-20: WhatsApp And Instagram On The Nokia X
- 2014-03-18: Instagram For Windows Phone Updated With Lock Screen Support
- 2014-03-12: Instagram Photographer Made $15,000 In A Day Selling His Prints
- 2013-12-11: Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- 2013-11-22: Instagram Rumored To Be Adding Private Messaging Feature
- 2013-11-19: Instagram For Windows Phone Release Might Happen Soon