It’s pretty much expected these days as soon as Apple announces an iPhone, rumors will begin to circulate regarding the next device. We’ve seen a number of rumors, possible leaks and everything in between regarding the iPhone 5S, and today, we’re seeing what appears to be the device’s complete front portion, which of course includes its display, front-facing camera module and its home button.
The alleged leak comes from Chinese microblogging site Sina Weibo, and while we’ve already seen what is expected to be the iPhone 5S’ front panel, this is the first time we’ve seen any part of the device on an assembly line. The image shows the updated front-facing camera module as well as the new orientation of the two connectors which support the iPhone 5S’ display and touch digitizer.
Hopefully the recently leaked image means we’ll be seeing the iPhone 5S sooner rather than later as spotting it on an assembly line could mean the device is already in mass production. If so, we could be looking at the iPhone 5S launching alongside the release of iOS 7.
- 2014-04-13: Possible iPhone 6 Production Tools And Schematics Spotted [Rumor]
- 2014-04-13: Apple Might Consider NFC For Next Generation iPhone
- 2014-04-11: Leaked iPhone Cases Reveal New Button Cut Outs
- 2014-04-10: Analyst: iPhone 6 Sleep/Wake Button Could Be Relocated
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Recent Broadcom Hires Corroborates In-House Baseband Rumors
- 2013-11-01: Boost Mobile iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c Pricing Revealed
- 2013-10-25: iPhone 5s Supplies Are Now Even Shorter [Analyst]
- 2013-10-21: iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C Headed To Boost Mobile November 8
- 2013-10-20: iPhone 5s TV Ad Runs
- 2013-10-17: Apple iPhone 5s And iPhone 5c Prices In France Raised