Apple’s product roadmap for 2013 is shrouded in a mystery, yet everyday we are treated to rumors and analysis of when the company might release a specific device. For quite some time now it has been rumored that a low cost iPhone is on the way. This toned down iPhone is apparently being developed to give Apple a footing in the mid-range market as well as emerging markets currently dominated by Android. Brian White, an analyst at Topeka Capital, claims that Apple will launch the low cost iPhone before it unveils the iPhone 5S in September. Apple CEO has previously said that the company’s new products will not debut before September.
Brian also believes that the low cost iPhone will be released in five colors, four of which will be black, pink, blue and white. Apple released the iPod touch in multiple colors last year. Other technical specifications of this device have already been rumored quite a lot. Brian also touches on the subject of iPhone 6, saying that it will be released next year. The iPhone 6 will reportedly have a bigger display than the current 4 inch one that iPhone 5 has.
- 2014-04-03: Galaxy S5 Versus iPhone 5s In Biometrics Test
- 2014-03-17: Asphaleia Jailbreak Tweak Lets You Use Touch ID To Protect Your Apps
- 2014-03-13: iPhone 5c's Disappointing Performance Seen In China As Well
- 2014-03-09: iPhone 5s Continues To Grow As iPhone 5c Lags Behind
- 2014-03-04: Apple's M7 Continues To Track Even When Battery Is Dead
- 2014-01-23: iPhone 6 To Have Larger Display, iPhone 5c Plastic Body Will Be Axed [WSJ]
- 2013-10-07: iPhone 6 Display Size Will Be 4.8 Inches [Analyst]
- 2013-08-25: iPhone 5C Allegedly Pictured During Testing
- 2013-05-09: iPhone 6 Is Reportedly The Next Generation iPhone
- 2013-04-30: Analyst Claims iPhone 6 Will Release In June 2014