[E3 2013] A new Nintendo console wouldn’t feel right if there wasn’t a Mario Kart game built specifically for it, and Nintendo is announcing a new Mario Kart will be making its way to the Wii U in spring 2014.
The trailer Nintendo unveiled during its E3-centric Nintendo Direct shows a lot of familiar faces in the Mario Kart series as Mario, Donkey Kong, Princess Peach and Luigi can all be seen riding around their respective karts. Mario Kart 8 will allow players to drive around in karts, briefly use gliders and propellers to make their way across large gaps and underwater levels, and will also introduce a new hover kart gameplay mechanic which will activate automatically during certain points in stages. Mario Kart 8 will also bring back bikes, which debuted in Mario Kart Wii.
At the end of the Mario Kart 8 presentation, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata said the game will include the “best collection of modes yet” for online play as not only will players be able to battle one another in online multiplayer, but they will be able to interact as well through Miiverse.
- 2014-04-22: New Fatal Frame For The Wii U Being Developed
- 2014-04-17: Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17: Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-13: Watch Dogs For Wii U Pegged For Fall 2014
- 2013-06-11: Super Mario 3D World Headed To Wii U December 2013
- 2013-06-11: Super Smash Bros. For Wii U, 3DS First Gameplay Trailer Debuts At E3
- 2013-06-07: Nintendo's Fils-Aime Explains Why They Won't Be Holding An E3 Press Conference
- 2013-05-17: Nintendo Partners With Best Buy To Allow Fans Access To Unreleased Wii U Games During E3 2013
- 2013-05-07: Nintendo Details 'Wii U Software Showcase' For E3 2013