Microsoft did not rest on their laurels, as they have just announced the availability of firmware updates for the Microsoft Surface RT and the Surface Pro. With the release of the latest regular monthly firmware upgrade, it is said to come with a new bunch of functions for Surface RT owners to play with, especially those who enjoy the Touch and Type Cover keyboards a whole lot. According to the change notes, the Surface RT’s latest firmware update would give it “the ability to toggle function keys, new shortcuts, and helpful keyboard navigation improvements” while you are using the Touch and Type Covers.
Microsoft also claimed that this particular update would introduce some changes to the Surface RT’s home button which in turn will improve the reliability of the devices waking up immediately on the first button press. As for the Surface Pro’s patch notes, there was one update made to the device, where it would introduce improvements for the LifeCam driver which is touted to enhance clarity for low light operation and improve reliability while one is switching between the integrated camera and an external camera. Strangely enough, their patch notes did not mention about how the improvements made to the Touch and Type Cover would affect it.
- 2014-04-15: Microsoft To Open 11 More Specialty Retail Stores In The US
- 2014-04-15: Clippy Lives On As Cortana Easter Egg In Windows Phone 8.1
- 2014-04-15: Office 365 Personal Makes It Cheaper To Unlock All Features On iPad
- 2014-04-15: WP 8.1 GDR2 Update Could Support 2K Displays And Snapdragon 805 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-14: Microsoft Is "Done" With The Scroogled Campaign
- 2013-08-13: Surface RT And Surface Pro Get Firmware Updates
- 2013-07-01: Microsoft Surface Tablets To Be Available From New Authorized Resellers
- 2013-04-09: Microsoft Releases New Software Update For Surface Tablets
- 2013-03-15: Microsoft Reportedly Sold 1.5 Million Surface Tablets To Date
- 2013-02-28: iFixit Deems Microsoft Surface Pro Least Repairable Tablet