BlackBerry was once the king of the corporate world. The company’s devices were much loved by big and small companies alike. In less than half a decade, BlackBerry’s share in its stronghold has considerably declined, as more and more companies have switched to devices from Apple and Samsung. Back in January, the Canadian manufacturer announced BlackBerry 10, its latest platform. Since then things have been looking a bit better for the company. Its Q10 device is apparently outselling the likes of Galaxy S4 and iPhone 5 in France. Kristian Tear, COO of BlackBerry told Reuters in an interview that 60% of Fortune 500 companies are either testing or in the process of deploying its new devices.
Analysts have predicted that the full QWERTY keyboard touting BlackBerry Q10 will outsell the BlackBerry Z10, the company’s first BB10 device launched back in January. It is no secret that there still remains a loyal user base that’s addicted to BlackBerry’s physical keyboard devices. The Q10 is BB’s first smartphone launching on all four major U.S. carriers. Couple that with increased adoption by major U.S. companies and BlackBerry could well be back on track to becoming a key player in the market. The company reportedly has an A10 flagship smartphone and a Z5 mid-range smartphone currently in the pipeline as well.
Next Story: Galatab 6.3 Makes HTC And Samsung Seethe
- 2014-04-09: Polled BlackBerry Users Want BlackBerry 10 To Be Themable
- 2014-03-27: BlackBerry 10 Receives Full Operational Capability Certification By Department Of Defense
- 2014-02-19: BlackBerry 10 QWERTY Prototype Photos Leaked
- 2014-02-13: BBM 2.0 Brings Voice Calling, Channels, Dropbox And More
- 2013-12-24: BlackBerry Dropped Plans To Release Two More BB10 Devices
- 2013-06-06: Blackberry Q10 Unboxing + Photo Gallery
- 2013-06-04: AT&T BlackBerry Q10 Available For Pre-Order June 5 For $200
- 2013-05-14: BlackBerry Q10 Available On Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile This Summer
- 2013-05-14: BlackBerry 10.1 Coming To U.S. BlackBerry Z10 Owners Later This Month
- 2013-05-08: Analyst Believes BlackBerry Q10 Will Outsell The Z10