One of the most hotly anticipated gadgets of this year has to be Google Glass. Currently only available to a select few called Explorers, a lot of us are fascinated by this device and can’t wait for it to come out next year. Google pushes updates for Glass every month, its their idea of making user experience better without the user actually having to do anything. Today they’ve rolled out the XE6 update which brings major photo improvements. The photo you see above is taken via Glass with HDR off, and the one down below has been taken with HDR on.
The XE6 Google Glass update brings fixes for several issues, displays improved cards in Google Now for Sports and a new card for Birthdays, brings the ability to voice annotate photos and videos when sharing and it features improvements to On-Head Detection. Apart from all this, the major improvement has been made to the photo taking ability of Google Glass. They’ve basically enabled HDR mode on Glass. HDR or High Dynamic Range offers better photo quality as it captures several shots at once with varying exposure levels. Then it stitches all of them together and serves up a pretty impressive picture. Google says that HDR on Glass works great with moving subjects as well. Lets see what the team manages to bring in next month’s update.
Next Story: Alleged Nokia EOS Smartphone Pictures Leaked
- 2014-04-10: 72 Percent Of People Surveyed Against Google Glass Due To Privacy
- 2014-04-10: Google May Allow Anyone To Buy Glass For One Day
- 2014-04-08: Google To Launch Glass For Work Program Today [Report]
- 2014-04-07: Livestream Launches Google Glass App To Let You Broadcast
- 2014-04-04: USPTO Rejects Google's Attempt To Trademark "Glass"