The Asus manufactured Nexus 7 is definitely a tablet that is worth owning, even until today, since you will hardly find a worthy rival to its display, to be honest. Having said that, the Nexus 7 has been around for quite some time already, and while the consumer electronics market does require some change from time to time, it seems that the Nexus 7 has been overdue for quite some time already concerning its hardware capabilities. It is nice to know then that there is a second generation Nexus 7 which is slated for a release in July this year, according to a report by Digitimes.
Digitimes also did mention that this new Nexus 7 will come with a new processor and boast of a high resolution display, with a starting price point of $229 at the bare minimum. Assuming that this is the case, then $229 would make the new Nexus 7 to be wee bit more expensive compared to the current generation Nexus 7 that so happens to retail for $199 a pop, so it would be interesting to see what the new Nexus 7 will pack underneath the hood to justify an increase in the base unit price.
Next Story: Galaxy Camera NX Purported Picture Leaks
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2013-07-17: Google Nexus 7 2 Allegedly Appears In New Video, Photos [Rumor]
- 2013-07-12: Nexus 7 2 With LTE Rumored For Late July Announcement
- 2013-07-08: Staples Slashes Nexus 7 Prices, New Variant Coming?
- 2013-07-01: Nexus 7 2 Specs Leaked By ASUS Rep? [Rumor]
- 2013-06-16: Nexus 7 2 Photo Spotted Online