Earlier today we reported on purported pictures of Nokia EOS smartphone’s casing that were leaked. Those pictures showed a gaping hole in the back, which is where the 41 megapixel camera will presumably fit. Now a closeup of Nokia EOS smartphone’s rear camera lens has been posted online, fueling speculation that the 41 megapixel camera will be accompanied by a Xenon flash and a LED focus light. Optical image stabilization has also been rumored for this camera module.
The leak comes from a relatively new source, @vizileaks, so its alright to be skeptical about the image’s authenticity. The EOS smartphone will reportedly be launched on 9th July, initially it is said to be an AT&T exclusive. This particular smartphone is said to run Windows Phone 8, its major feature is no doubt going to be the 41 megapixel rear camera. Nokia has already achieved this feat once with the 808 PureView, so we know that the company is capable enough of doing it. Nokia is yet to issue an official confirmation regarding the device. Until then happens, we’re bound to be treated to new rumors every single day.
- 2013-07-31: Nokia 808 PureView Snaps Photo That Picks Up 2nd Place In International Photo Contest
- 2013-07-05: Nokia EOS Camera Grip Confirmed In FCC Document
- 2013-06-26: "Nokia Zoom" Trademarked Prior To EOS Launch
- 2013-06-25: Nokia Lumia 1020 Reportedly The Moniker Of EOS Smartphone
- 2013-06-19: EOS 41MP Smartphone Confirmed By Nokia
- 2013-06-19: Alleged Nokia EOS White Polycarbonate Shell Pictured