We’ve covered rumors about the Amber update for Nokia Lumia smartphones extensively here. The said update is going to bring a host of new features for some of the most popular Windows Phone 8 devices out in the market right now. Apart from bringing all the features of Windows Phone GDR2 update, there will be specific enhancements on-board for the Lumia range. This includes the Glance clock feature that debuted with the Lumia 925. According to a tweet from Nokia Spain, the Amber update is going to release in August.
As previously mentioned, the Amber update will come with specific enhancements and all the improvements of GDR2 update, which brings FM radio and Datasense support among a host of other things. This release time-frame comes from a regional Twitter account, while it is an official account related to the company, it won’t be surprising if the update doesn’t come in August. Regional sources such as this sometimes do get it wrong themselves, though we pay heed to their reports as they’re related to the company and are likely to have credible information as opposed to unverified sources.
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2014-03-24: Next Nokia Firmware Could Be The “Blue” Update
- 2014-03-17: Nokia Lumia 530 aka Nokia Rock Coming (Rumor)
- 2014-03-10: Nokia Lumia 635 Hits The FCC
- 2014-03-03: Oppo Find 7 50 Megapixel Camera Rumored
- 2014-02-28: Nokia Lumia 630 Specifications Leaked (Rumor)