Nokia is expected to release a cheap Lumia 920 smartphone as well as two Lumia phablets this fall. Phablet is a term used to devices that have displays larger than conventional smartphones but smaller than a 7 inch tablet, they’re sort of a smartphone and tablet hybrid. A lot of manufacturers have their phablets out in the market, with Samsung leading the way with its Galaxy Note range. Nokia’s Lumia-branded phablets will reportedly have 5.5 and 6 inch displays. The camera on these devices is reportedly going to be similar to Lumia 925.
The low cost Lumia 920 is thought to be a competitor for Apple’s much rumored low cost iPhone. It is expected to be released in either September or October and is said to have a 4.7 inch WXGA CBD AMOLED display. Design is reportedly similar to Lumia 720, while being lighter and slimmer. 8 megapixel Carl-Zeiss optics rear camera is expected along with the same CPU and GPU combo as the conventional Lumia 920. This smartphone will reportedly be aggressively priced and will replace Nokia’s Lumia 82X range. Keep in mind that all of these is pure speculation, so its best to take all of this with a grain of salt.
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2014-01-30: Lumia Black Update Released For AT&T Lumia 920 And 820
- 2014-01-13: Nokia Lumia black Update Sets Its Sights On The Lumia 920
- 2013-12-29: Nokia Lumia 920 Reportedly Jailbroken By Chinese Hackers
- 2013-10-11: AT&T Rolling Out Amber Update For Nokia Lumia 820, 920
- 2013-09-30: AT&T's Lumia 920 Amber Update Will Arrive In The Coming Weeks