Pricing and availability for NVIDIA’s SHIELD were announced just last month as we expected it to retail for $349 on June 27, but NVIDIA is making some slight changes to its SHIELD prior to its official release next week.
Instead of retailing for its original price of $349, the NVIDIA SHIELD will now sell for $299, which is still a pretty high price point for the device, but it’s definitely a step in the right direction as $349 didn’t seem like the right price for the SHIELD. For those of you who pre-ordered the SHIELD for its original price of $349, you’ll be charged the lower $299, meaning you can use that extra $50 in your pocket to pre-order either the Xbox One or PlayStation 4.
Its updated price isn’t the only change NVIDIA made to its SHIELD as the company has taken customer feedback serious as they allowed gamers to help reshape the device when they got their hands on it during PAX East, Computex and E3. Potential customers of the SHIELD not only said they were dissatisfied with the price, but also with some of the controller’s ergonomics, which resulted in a slight physical redesign.RELATED
- Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls' Next Wave Of Beta Invites Are Going Out
- Microsoft Xbox Rumored For China Launch In September 2014
- Namco Bandai Announces Tales Of Zestiria Headed To PS3
- Korean StarCraft 2 Player Receives Pro-Athlete Visa
- Stop-Motion Mario Kart Video Is Extremely Impressive
- Follow: NVIDIA, NVIDIA Shield,
- Seen at: blogs.nvidia