Earlier this year, Ouya announced it would be made available to the public on June 25. The last time we checked out Super Mario Bros.-themed calendar, today is June 25, and as it was expected, the Ouya has officially launched for those who want to purchase the Android-powered gaming system from local and online retailers.
The Ouya launched today at the price of $99.99 across a number of major retailers such as Best Buy, GameStop, Target and Amazon. As of this writing, Ouya has completely sold out on both Amazon and GameStop, but is still available for sale online at Best Buy and Target. We’re not sure if this is also true for both retailer’s brick & mortar shops, so if you’re considering passing by your local Best Buy or Target, be sure to call beforehand.
Ouya reportedly said they would have over 481 games when it launched to the public, but Ouya today is saying its console only has more than 170 downloadable games as well as a number of streaming media applications such as Plex, XBMC and iHeartRadio.
- 2014-03-06: $200 M.O.J.O. Gets OUYA Everywhere Support
- 2014-03-03: OUYA Looks Beyond The TV
- 2014-02-02: Ouya 16GB Launches At $129
- 2013-11-18: Ouya Debuts Refreshed Console With All White Limited Edition Model
- 2013-10-24: Ouya Rolling Out Nationwide Through Target With Demo Kiosks