If a report from China Times is to be believed, Apple is gearing up for mass production of its much rumored low cost iPhone. Apparently several of its component suppliers are now shipping parts at a greater frequency. These parts include 28 nanometer processors from TSMC, 8 megapixel camera modules from Largan Precision as well as various other components from manufacturers like Texas Instruments and ChipBond.
This particular iPhone has been in the rumor mill for quite a long time, still Apple hasn’t commented on its existence. That’s the norm with this company, they don’t tell what products they’re working on. We’ve covered low cost iPhone rumors in detail here, the latest ones claim that this smartphone will come with multiple color options and might be sold contract free. Recently it was said that Apple might end up releasing its low cost iPhone before it releases the iPhone 5S, this particular report pegs the expected release date in August. The device itself is said to carry a $399 price tag and is likely to be sold without any contractual obligations to a mobile carrier.
- 2013-08-25 iPhone 5C Video Shows Off Purported Shell In Five Colors
- 2013-08-25 iPhone 5C Allegedly Pictured During Testing
- 2013-08-13 Apple iPhone 5S Launch Will Be Most Successful Ever, Analyst Claims
- 2013-08-13 Apple's Low Cost iPhone Might Not Come With Siri
- 2013-07-29 iPhone Lite Initial Production Underway At Pegatron, Labor Report Indicates
- 2013-07-28 'iPhone 5C' Packaging Pictured In China
- 2013-07-25 Purported iPhone 5S Motherboard Leaks
- 2013-06-06 Low Cost iPhone Launch Rumored Before iPhone 5S