When the Pebble smartwatch was first released as a Kickstarter project, it smashed all records from the get go, bringing in a funding total of $10 million, now how about that? Well, everything did not run as smoothly as thought of with the Pebble smartwatch after that, but those niggling issues have apparently been put to bed, where majority of Pebble owners have been pretty much happy with what they are wearing on their wrists so far. Word has it that a new and updated app on the Google Play Store for the Pebble smartwatch introduces native Google Hangouts support, paving the way for notifications from the chat service and video Hangout requests to appear on your timepiece. At this point in time, Google Talk notifications are already part of the support system on the Pebble watch.
Apart from that, this new update comes with stability improvements as well as enhancements for third party app developers. Have you given the new Pebble for Android app a go, and how do you find it?
Next Story: Additional LG Optimus G2 Images Leaked
- 2014-04-03: Pebble 2.1.1 Update Unbricks The Smartwatch
- 2014-04-01: Pebble 2.1 Update Reportedly Causing Some Watches To Brick
- 2014-03-18: Talk2Watch Pro Brings BBM Notifications Onto Pebble
- 2014-03-17: Hatchi Adds Virtual Pet Dimension To Pebble Smartwatch
- 2014-03-09: Pebble 2.0 For Android Brings Watchapps And More
- 2014-01-06: Pebble Steel SmartWatch with New Apps
- 2014-01-02: Pebble To Announce Something Special For CES 2014
- 2013-12-18: Pebble App Store Announced