It has been a long time in coming for those who have been looking out to bring home the massive 55″ OLED TV, although you would need to live in South Korea if you were to be able to enjoy this puppy. This move is in step with the general market, where Samsung’s bitter rival, LG Electronics Co., has already started to receive orders for a similarly sized OLED TV in January earlier this year. We first took a look at the 55″ OLED TV from Samsung at CES 2013 earlier this year, and apart from that model, Samsung too wants to release an OLED TV that will feature a curved display in South Korea too, from next week onwards.
LG Electronics ain’t doing too bad for themselves either in their home market, having rolled out a similar revolutionary model that boasts of a 55″ curved screen in April earlier this year, making it the first of its kind in the world. Right now, we do not see any other competitors in this particular arena just yet, as the South Korean firms are the ones who seem to spearhead this particular market segment at the moment. [Press Release]RELATED
- Google Opening Showrooms In Six U.S. Cities For The Holidays
- Nest Learning Thermostat Receives A Major Update
- Netatmo's Wireless Thermostat Can Be Controlled From Your Smartphone Anywhere
- This Adjustable Toilet Seat Can Keep Any Size Butt Comfortable
- Robot “Commits Suicide” On Stove
- Follow: oled tv, Samsung,