Samsung has just introduced a spanking new app that they call the “ATIV Beam” in the Windows Phone store, and it is obviously available to Samsung Windows Phone owners of the ATIV S and ATIV Odyssey devices. At this point in time, if you were to share files among Windows Phone devices using NFC, that would be a snap, but to share across devices, a whole lot of complications do get in the way. Hence, the creation of the ATIV Beam app that was developed specially so that the gap between Samsung Windows Phone devices and Android devices will be bridged.
So far, the app’s description did not mention that the Android-powered devices that will “talk” to the ATIV Beam app must be ones that are manufactured by Samsung, but we are quite sure that Samsung would do their bit to ensure there is a greater degree of functionality with Samsung-branded Android-powered devices in order to hold a competitive edge, unless someone up there prefers to play the benevolent card..Using the ATIV Beam is pretty much a no-brainer, all you need to do is ensure that your ATIV S or ATIV Odyssey has “tap+send” turned on in the settings, and you’re good to go. You can download the ATIV Beam app here.
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released