Even though Windows Phone 8 devices have popped up on a number of U.S. wireless carriers over the years, Sprint has yet to make 4G LTE compatible devices available to its customers. That all changes today as not one, but two 4G LTE compatible Windows Phone 8 devices are being introduced on Sprint: the HTC 8XT and Samsung ATIV S Neo.
Both Windows Phone 8 devices being introduced today will be made available later this summer. The HTC 8XT will be available for $100 with a two-year contract after a $50 rebate and features the company’s BoomSound stereo speakers along with a 1.4GHz dual-core Snapdragon 400 processor, a 4.3-inch display, 1GB of RAM, and an 8MP rear-facing camera.
The Samsung ATIV S Neo will cost $149 after a $50 rebate as long as you sign a two-year contract and features a 1.4GHz dual-core processor, a larger 4.8-inch screen, 1GB of RAM, a removable 2,000 mAh battery and an 8MP rear-facing camera.
Both the HTC 8XT and Samsung ATIV S Neo seem to offer a nice variety in Windows Phone 8 devices on Sprint, and if you’re such a customer who has been waiting for the day for Microsoft’s mobile platform to be made available on a 4G LTE compatible device, then we’re sure you’ll be getting in your orders as soon as they’re available.
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active Has 277 Apps Already (Rumor)
- 2014-04-13: Galaxy S5 Launch Day Sales Beat Galaxy S4 [Report]
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-04-13: Google Executive Says No iPhone Features Were Copied For Android
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Root For T-Mobile And Sprint Variants Available
- 2013-07-09: HTC 8XT Available On Sprint For $100 Starting July 19
- 2013-01-29: Microsoft And Samsung To Team Up For Windows Phone For Businesses
- 2013-01-18: Sprint HTC Windows Phone 8 Device Spotted Through FCC Approval
- 2013-01-10: Sprint's Windows Phone 8 Lineup Will Be "Current"
- 2013-01-07: Sprint To Offer Windows Phone 8 Devices From Samsung And HTC