Earlier today we reported that according to the rumors, Samsung was looking to shut down its desktop PC division due to a decline in demand, especially in the face of tablets and laptops growing in popularity due to their mobility. We were surprised to hear it especially since it was only recently last week that Samsung unveiled their ATIV One 5 Style all-in-one desktop system. Well as it turns out rumors are rumors and that there was nothing true to them at all. Samsung has since gotten in touch with the folks at AllThingsD to issue a statement, claiming that the rumors of them exiting the desktop PC business were “groundless” and untrue. There you have it, for those who were a bit surprised at the earlier rumor, we guess you can now rest easy knowing that at least for the foreseeable future, Samsung will continue churning out desktop PC systems.
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy K Camera Sample Spotted (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store