The Samsung Galaxy S4 is a pretty fast Android smartphone, but reports are coming in Samsung is planning to sell a new variation of the device that will transmit data at nearly twice the speed of the original Galaxy S4.
The new Samsung Galaxy S4 will support LTE Advanced (LTE-A) and is expected to launch in South Korea in just a couple of weeks, according to Samsung Mobile head J.K. Shin. Samsung is also currently in talks with several overseas carriers to sell its LTE-A enabled Galaxy S4, although where and when it would land outside of South Korea is still yet unknown. “We’ll be the first with the commercial launch of the advanced 4G version of the smartphone,” said Shin during his interview with Reuters.
LTE-Advanced, or “true 4G” as its often referred to, offers data transmissions at up to twice the normal speed of the current generation of 4G. As a reference, Samsung says a movie download which would normally take 3 minutes to complete would take a little over 1 minute.RELATED
- Evernote For iOS Updated, Now Able To Scan Business Cards And Save As Contacts
- India Courts Allows Nokia To Transfer Chennai Factory Assets To Microsoft
- Cover Lock Screen App For Android Now Available For Download
- Batman Tumbler iPhone Case Comes With Built-In LED Projector
- FCC And Wireless Carriers Arrive On A Cellphone Unlocking Agreement
- Follow: Galaxy S4, Samsung,
- Seen at: reuters