We reported yesterday that Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg was in South Korea meeting with Samsung, they were discussing potential partnerships between the companies. One such partnership, we speculated, could be related to a HTC First like Samsung ‘Facebook Phone.’ The Korea Herald reports that Mark did float the idea at this meeting, but it was apparently rejected by Samsung.
Facebook partnered with HTC to create the First, a smartphone that ships with Facebook Home pre-installed. It has been branded as a flop, being available for $0.99 from AT&T at one time, while its UK launch has been postponed indefinitely. Facebook Home too is said to be losing popularity. Samsung seems like the perfect partner for next generation ‘Facebook Phone’ but apparently the company isn’t excited about the idea. The company doesn’t reportedly want to make any more rivals in the mobile arena, so that’s why it shot down the idea. The report claims that Facebook has “every intention of becoming the second Google” and that based on this aim they want Samsung as a partner. Samsung reportedly does not see any symbolic or monetary significance in such a partnership.RELATED
- Android 4.3 Roll Out For International Galaxy S3 Resumes
- Galaxy Nexus CyanogenMod 11 Android 4.4 KitKat Stable Unofficial ROM Released
- Assassin's Creed: Pirates Released For Android, iOS And Kindle Fire
- Foursquare v7.0 For iOS Gets A Complete Revamp
- Zact Teams Up With Disney To Deliver Family-Friendly Smartphone Service
- Follow: Facebook, Facebook Home, HTC First,