Samsung announced the first ever Galaxy Beam smartphone back in 2010. Then last year the company announced its successor which was also called Galaxy Beam, it is Samsung’s second smartphone that has a projector built-in. The device currently has Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS officially available for it, but a leaked Galaxy Beam Android 4.1 update build is already out, which lends ear to speculation that perhaps Galaxy Beam might skip Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update.
Its not that manufacturer’s aren’t allowed to skip updates, but something like this doesn’t happen quite often. This Galaxy Beam Android 4.1 update is reportedly being tested right now, the build that has leaked is said to be a test build. Those who have installed it on their devices claim that this new update is much more smoother than Android 2.3 Gingerbread and it has also increased battery life. There’s no official time-frame for the release of this update. Rumor has it that Samsung will have the update ready towards the end of July, it would then be released for the general public. The Android 4.1 update for Galaxy Beam will bring a host of new features to the device, undoubtedly breathing a new life in this device. [Image via Unwiredview]
- 2013-08-26 Sony Xperia S, Xperia SL And Xperia Acros S Android 4.1 Maintenance Update Released
- 2013-05-23 Sony Xperia S Android 4.1.2 Update Release Rumored
- 2013-05-06 Unlocked Sony Xperia Z Now Officially Being Sold In The U.S.
- 2013-03-05 Android 4.x Finally Overtakes Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- 2013-02-07 LG Optimus 4X HD, Optimus L7 And L9 To Get Android 4.1 Jelly Bean