When it comes to Samsung tablets, the South Korean manufacturer has released tablets of various sizes, ranging from 7″ up to 10.1″, but if the rumors are true, it seems that Samsung could be set to release a 12.2″ tablet as well. This is according to a report from ETNews who claims that Samsung Display and Sharp are set to supply a display of 12.2″ to Samsung Electronics for an upcoming device, and since these displays are manufactured by Sharp, they will come equipped with IGZO technology and could potentially sport a display resolution of 2560×1600. The device is also expected to come with a stylus, a feature which is found as part of Samsung’s Galaxy Note range which explains why there is speculation that this could be a Samsung Galaxy Note 12.2 device.
While tablets larger than 10.1″ are not that common, Samsung will not be the first to break that barrier as companies such as Archos and Toshiba have released tablets that are in the 13″ range. In any case take it with a grain of salt for now, but what do you guys think of a 12.2″ tablet from Samsung? Would that be a bit too big to carry around as a tablet?
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy K Camera Sample Spotted (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store