We reported last month that Samsung Galaxy S3 was going to be available from Boost Mobile some time in June. At that time Virgin Mobile had also confirmed that it too will be carrying yesteryear’s Android flagship. Both carriers had not made pricing or availability details public. Boost Mobile has finally announced that Samsung Galaxy S3 will be available from the carrier starting 12th June. The S3 comes to Boost more than a year after it was originally released. Its still quite popular, better late than never, no?
The Samsung Galaxy S3 will cost $399.99 on Boost Mobile. It is now the most premium smartphone that the carrier offers. Since Boost is owned by Sprint, those who purchase this smartphone from Boost will be able to connect to Sprint’s 4G LTE network. Currently 88 markets are covered by Sprint’s LTE network, with more being rapidly added to the roster. Even though the Galaxy S4 has broken all sales records, the Galaxy S3 holds it ground well. It touts a 1.5GHz dualcore processor, dual mode 3G / 4G LTE, 8 megapixel rear facing camera and Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofed
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 Slim Spotted On Samsung Brazil's Website
- 2014-03-13: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected Again
- 2014-03-02: Boost And Virgin Mobile To Offer Galaxy S5
- 2013-05-21: Samsung Galaxy S3 Headed To Boost, Virgin Mobile Starting June