We heard reports of Verizon pulling its update to its Samsung Galaxy S3 earlier today, and it seems like Samsung Galaxy S3 users in general as well as Samsung Galaxy Note 2 owners will have to live without Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for a little bit longer as Samsung may be delaying their respective updates.
Word of the delay comes from SamMobile which they believe the reason behind the delay is due to the newest version of TouchWiz needing to be tested a little bit more on these handsets. Unfortunately, it’s unknown at this time just how much more testing Samsung needs for it to roll out Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean updates to the Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2, but we’re sure owners of these devices hope it’ll be sooner rather than later.
If you already weren’t a fan of Samsung’s TouchWiz, then we’re sure this delay will just make you hate it even more. On the other hand, releasing the update on untested devices is something we’re sure Samsung doesn’t want happening, either.
- 2014-04-20: 10 Hidden Features Of Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-20: HTC Hires Former Samsung Marketing Guru
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-01-21: Samsung Galaxy S3 And Note 2 Rumored To Receive Android 4.4.2 By End Of March
- 2013-10-24: Samsung Apologizes To Chinese Customers For Galaxy S3 And Note 2 Problems
- 2013-05-20: Leaked Galaxy S3 Android 4.2.2 ROM Brings S4 Features
- 2013-03-18: Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note 2 To Get Android 5.0? [Rumor]