Earlier today, we said AT&T could be announcing availability of the newly announced Samsung Galaxy S4 Active. Just a few hours later, AT&T has sent out a press release in fact confirming the device’s pricing and availability, so let’s get right to it.
AT&T will be launching the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active on June 21 for $199.99 with a two-year agreement, but those of you who already know you need the Active in your life can begin to pre-order the device starting on June 4 through AT&T’s Galaxy S4 Active portal. The Galaxy S4 Active will be made available in two colors, Urban Gray and Dive Blue.
The Galaxy S4 Active features a 1.9GHz quad-core processor, a 5-inch Full HD TFT LCD display with a pixel density of 443 PPI. The Active will also include an 8MP rear-facing camera which the device includes an Aqua Mode camera feature, which improves the quality of your underwater shots. The “Active” name means this device is being aimed at those who require a more rugged smartphone as it is IP67 certified, which means it’ll withstand dust and water, and comes with Gorilla Glass.
- 2014-04-22: Apple's Latest Ad Is A Not-So-Subtle Jab At Samsung
- 2014-04-22: Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit Reportedly Expensive To Repair
- 2014-04-22: PayPal Fingerprint Authorization For Verizon's Galaxy S5 Workaround Discovered
- 2014-04-21: Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime Spotted In Manifest (Rumor)
- 2014-04-21: Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2013-08-08: AT&T Confirms Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Exchange, But Only One Time
- 2013-08-06: AT&T Starts Replacing Galaxy S4 Active Smartphones That Experienced Water Damage (Rumor)
- 2013-06-13: AT&T Could Announce Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Today
- 2013-05-10: Samsung SGH-i537 Could Be Waterproof Galaxy S4 Active For AT&T