Earlier today we reported that Samsung was testing an Android 4.3 build for its Google Edition Galaxy S4, which will reportedly see the update released sometime in July. Now thanks to the folks at SamMobile, they have managed to get their hands on what appears to be screenshots of Android 4.3 running on the Google Edition Galaxy S4. As you can see in the “About phone” screenshot above, it shows Android 4.3 running on the phone with the build number “JWR66N.S005.130625” which coincides with the build number reported earlier.
Google has yet to make Android 4.3 public, but it’s good to know that Samsung and Google are already working together on it for the Google Edition Galaxy S4 which will hopefully see its update released in a timely manner, if not the same time as Google’s own brand of Nexus devices. This might have been a concern for would-be owners of Google Edition devices especially since they aren’t technically Nexus devices, meaning that their updates might not come directly from Google themselves, but hopefully these screenshots will tell us a whole different story.
- 2014-04-16: LG L65 Press Rendering And Specs Leaked
- 2014-04-02: Alleged Upcoming Huawei Premium Flagship Handset Leaked
- 2014-03-26: Nokia Lumia 630 Spotted In China
- 2014-03-26: Alleged Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 Press Rendering Leaked
- 2014-03-26: Alleged Leaked Sony Camera Slide Reveals Sony's High-End Plans
- 2013-12-01: Android 4.3 Stability Update Rolling Out Across The Globe For Galaxy S4
- 2013-11-14: AT&T Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 Update Released
- 2013-09-26: Galaxy Gear's Basic Functions Already Compatible With Galaxy S4
- 2013-09-04: Android 4.3 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy S4 Coming This October
- 2013-06-28: Android 4.3 Coming To Google Edition Galaxy S4 This July [Rumor]