It was at the end of last week when we brought you word that the Sony NEX-7 successor could very well see a delay because of manufacturing issues, with no exact date in sight just yet. All is good and well now that the folks over at SonyAlphaRumors have shared that the very same Sony NEX-7 successor should be shipping out to the masses when the middle of October 2013 rolls around. No hardware specifications have been confirmed just yet, but chances are it will come with the 85mm f/1.4 lens. There are also whispers that a high quality zoom lens is also well on its way in time for the October release, and something on the sidelines, we could very well be looking at a Sony NEX-5 successor to boot – in addition to a bevy of other lenses to go along with it.
Would you be one of the few (or many, it remains to be seen) who are desperately looking forward to see just what Sony is capable of dishing out with the NEX-7 successor?
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-04-08: DxoMark Finds Sony Xperia Z2 To Have The Best Camera At The Moment
- 2014-03-12: Sony A6000 Replaces The NEX-7, According To Sony Presentation Slide
- 2013-11-18: Sony NEX-7 Successor Rumored For Early 2014 Announcement
- 2013-08-07: Sony NEX-7 Out Of Stock In Some Stores, Successor Imminent?
- 2013-07-11: Sony NEX-7's Successor's Body Design Gets A Description [Rumor]
- 2013-06-14: Sony NEX-7 Successor Possibly Delayed Due To Manufacturing Problems [Rumor]