We had earlier reported that some specs of Sony’s rumored RX100 MKII were leaked, and now thanks to the folks at Sony Alpha Rumors again, they claim to have received a tip in which they are speculating that the RX100 MKII could see an announcement on the 27th of June. Interestingly they also claim to have received a tip about a certain Mobile Cybershot camera which they believe could be the rumored Sony “Honami” smartphone with its alleged 2/3” image sensor and manual controls akin to the RX100. They also speculate that alongside the RX100 MKII, it is possible that on the 27th of June, this Mobile Cybershot device could be announced as well. While that definitely sounds pretty good, the dates seem a little suspect especially since Sony has announced a press conference on the 25th of June. It does not make sense that they would hold two events so close to each other, but it is possible that the 27th of June could be reserved for cameras, while the 25th of June might be smartphone/phablet-related. Either way take it with a grain of salt for now, but check back with us on the 25th of June for the details.
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6