At the end of May we reported that the rumor mill was suggesting that Sony could have a new smartphone in the works, a certain phablet device going by the codename “Togari”. Well according to a new report, it has been suggested that the “Togari” could be known as the Xperia ZU, with the U supposedly standing for “Ultra” or “Ultimate”. This handset is said to be the competitor to Samsung’s Galaxy Note, although given its rumored 6.44” display, we’re guessing it’s more of a competitor to Samsung’s Galaxy Mega series of phablet devices.
In terms of rumored specs, the Xperia ZU is said to sport a 6.44” Full HD display with Sony’s new Triluminos technology, a Qualcomm Snapdragonn 600/800 chipset, along with an 8MP rear-facing camera with Sony’s EXMOR RS module. Do take it with a grain of salt for now, but instead of looking out for the Togari, the Xperia ZU might be another name you guys can look out for as well.
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark