Sony is expected to make quite a few announcements at the Mobile Asia Expo which starts in Shanghai tomorrow. The company has already teased its next generation Smartwatch and now rumor has it that the Xperia C smartphone may also be announced tomorrow. It has been rumored in the past that Sony was working on a smartphone with a 5 inch display, the Xperia C reportedly touts a display of this size.
Codenamed CN3, it is expected that Sony will unveil Xperia C alongside its rumored 6.4 inch Xperia Z Ultra phablet. The Xperia C is said to be powered by a 1.2GHz quadcore processor coupled with 1GB of RAM, 4GB internal memory with the option for external expansion through microSD cards, an eight megapixel Exmor R camera and Android 4.2.2. The 5 inch qHD display reportedly has a resolution of 540 x 960, the entire smartphone is said to be 8.88mm thin. Sony is believed to make Xperia C available in China initially, there is no word on its release and pricing for other markets. Now lets see if Sony does indeed announce the Xperia C tomorrow in Shanghai.
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2014-03-09: Android 4.4 KitKat Rolling Out To Xperia Z Ultra Owners
- 2014-01-30: Sony Xperia Z1 And Xperia Z Ultra Gets Software Update
- 2014-01-22: WiFi-Only Sony Xperia Z Ultra Officially Announced For Japan
- 2014-01-20: WiFi-only Xperia Z Ultra Seemingly Confirmed On Sony's Website
- 2014-01-10: WiFi-only Sony Xperia Z Ultra Could Be In The Works