Sony had said last month that Android Jelly Bean update for Xperia Ion would be released shortly. Quite a few of its Xperia smartphones got the official update since the, such as the Xperia S and the Xperia Acros S. Today Android 4.1.2 for Sony Xperia Ion is finally out, it is reportedly live right now in a select few markets.
This new update is expected to be available on both HSPA and LTE variants of the Xperia Ion. The LT28at model, which AT&T released in the U.S., will reportedly be getting the update as well. For now it has only been confirmed that the LT28 model will be getting it. Sony hasn’t said if it has any plans of releasing Android 4.2.2 for this device. Launched in the start of 2012, the Xperia Ion has a 1.5GHz dualcore Qualcomm Snapdragon processor with 1GM of RAM, a 4.5 inch HD display as well as a 13 megapixel rear facing and a 1.3 megapixel front facing camera. It was back in September last year when Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update was released for AT&T Xperia Ion. [Image via Xperiablog]
- 2014-04-21: Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21: Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20: Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20: Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2013-05-24: Sony Xperia S Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update Rolling Out Now
- 2012-12-24: Sony Xperia TL caught on video showing off Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean features
- 2012-09-26: Sony Xperia Ion from AT&T receives Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update officially
- 2012-09-20: Android 4.0 for AT&T's Sony Xperia Ion reportedly rolling out to some users
- 2012-09-14: Sony Xperia ion to get Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update next week