So we’ve heard some rumors about a certain Sony “Togari” phablet, which could also be known as the Xperia Z Ultra upon release, but the question is when will we be seeing it? Well it looks like Sony has been sending out invites to an event they will be holding in France for the 4th of July, and based on the invite, there is a good chance that the Xperia Z Ultra will be unveiled. As you can see in the image above, the invite shows off the side view of a device that looks like the Xperia Z, although for some reason it feels “taller”. Plus there’s also an image of what appears to be a stylus as well, pointing towards the likelihood of a phablet with stylus support.
While we’ll wait on the official specs, word on the street has it that the Xperia Z Ultra could sport a whopping 6.4” display with a Full HD 1080p resolution, although since the screen will be bigger, pixel density will not be as sharp as the Xperia Z, but for the most part we’re sure not many will be able to notice. It is also rumored to pack a 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset with Adreno 330 graphics, 2GB of RAM and 16GB of onboard storage, expandable via microSD. Take it with a grain of salt for now, but if you don’t have plans for the 4th of July, check back with us then for the details.
Next Story: Google Blogger For Android Updated
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-03-09: Android 4.4 KitKat Rolling Out To Xperia Z Ultra Owners
- 2014-01-30: Sony Xperia Z1 And Xperia Z Ultra Gets Software Update
- 2014-01-22: WiFi-Only Sony Xperia Z Ultra Officially Announced For Japan
- 2014-01-20: WiFi-only Xperia Z Ultra Seemingly Confirmed On Sony's Website
- 2014-01-10: WiFi-only Sony Xperia Z Ultra Could Be In The Works