It was two years ago when Spotify made the journey across the pond and launched in the U.S., and since then, being one of the most popular streaming-music services around. Since Spotify has been available in the U.S. for the past two years, we think it was about time the company made it their home, which is exactly what was announced earlier today in New York City.
Spotify has already established its U.S. headquarters in Chelsea, but today, they announced they’ve be movin’ on up, literally to the east side, as they are moving to 6th Ave. The new office is said to be several times the size of Spotify’s current offices, and the additional space will be made to good use as the company says it’ll be used to “create unique content.”
What exactly this unique content could be is yet to be known as it was briefly mentioned during Spotify’s press conference, but that could possibly mean the addition of talk radio shows, or maybe even exclusive live performances. This is purely speculation on our part, though, so don’t start subscribing to Spotify based on that info. Instead, subscribe to Spotify because they’re just really good at what they do.
- 2014-04-13: Sprint And Spotify Reportedly Joining Forces
- 2014-03-27: Spotify IPO Expected This Fall
- 2014-03-25: Spotify Premium Is Now 50% Cheaper For US College Students
- 2014-03-24: Nokia MixRadio First Global Music Streaming Service To Launch In China
- 2014-03-23: Apple Spotify Rival Release Possible [Report]
- 2013-05-29: Spotify Rolls Out 'Discover' Tab To Help Users Find New Tunes
- 2013-04-09: Spotify Rolling Out 'Follow' Tab To Desktop App Users
- 2013-02-27: Spotify Gradually Rolling Out New Social Network Features