It was just last week when we brought you an announcement from the folks over at Nintendo that they would be offering free-to-play games before March 2014 rolls along, and it is nice to see the company keep their promise with the announcement that Steel Diver would make the cut as the first free-to-play title from the Japanese gaming giant, with other titles to follow suit soon.
For those who were hoping that some of the free games would be part of the Super Mario and Pokemon game franchise, be prepared to be disappointed as that is just not going to happen. Having said that, just in case Steel Diver sounds familiar to you, that is because this happened to be one of the launch titles for the Nintendo 3DS some time back. Nintendo’s work on the free-to-play version of the submarine simulator should complete soon, and I do wonder whether anyone has pangs of regret for forking $40 for this puppy at launch. What are some of the titles that you wished would make the free-to-play cut?
Next Story: AT&T HTC One Mini Is Confirmed
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-09: DIY Nintendo 64 Portable Console
- 2014-04-09: Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned
- 2014-04-09: Nintendo Confirms New Mario Game In The Works
- 2014-04-08: Super Smash Bros. For 3DS Pegged For Summer, Wii U Version For Winter