[E3 2013] As fun as New Super Mario Bros. Wii U was as a launch title for the console, Nintendo fans want a new 3D Mario game sooner rather than later. During today’s E3-focused Nintendo Direct, Nintendo finally announced a new 3D Mario game, called Super Mario 3D World.
Super Mario 3D World draws heavy inspiration from Super Mario 3D Land, which was released on the 3DS back in November 2011 as many of the design elements in the new title reflect that game’s overall play style. In Super Mario 3D Land, up to four players will be able to play simultaneously as either Mario, Luigi, Toad or Princess Peach. Each character will have their own unique traits, similar to their abilities in Super Mario Bros. 2: Peach can float, Toad is faster than the other characters, Luigi can jump higher, while Mario is just Mario.
A new costume is also being introduced in Super Mario 3D Land called the Cat Suit. Players who collect a gold bell will transform into a cat who is able to pounce on enemies as well as scales walls and poles. A new orange Yoshi can also be seen in the debut trailer of Super Mario 3D Land, which Nintendo says will be released on the Wii U in December 2013.RELATED
- GTA Online Content Creator Captured In YouTube Video
- Atlus Reveals Persona 5 With Winter 2014 Release Date For Japan
- Microsoft Highlights Future Xbox One Games In 3-Minute Montage
- Infamous: Second Son Releasing On PlayStation 4 March 21, 2014
- Destiny Beta Headed To PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 First
- Follow: E3, E3 2013, nintendo, wii u,