We already knew Super Smash Bros. would be making an appearance at this year’s E3, and today, we’re hearing confirmation from the series’ creator the game’s debut trailer will be making an appearance during Nintendo’s upcoming Nintendo Direct E3 presentation.
Super Smash Bros. series creator Masahiro Sakurai made the announcement through his Twitter account, and as Sakurai tweeted in Japanese, his message roughly translates to “I have an announcement. During the Nintendo Direct to be broadcast from 11PM on the night of June 11th, the first trailer of the new entry in the ‘Super Smash Bros.” series will be broadcast. For the first time, simultaneously across the world! Do not miss it.”
Sakurai’s message may have confirmed what we already knew from earlier this year, but we still find it to be exciting nonetheless. We’re sure the debut trailer for Nintendo’s next Super Smash Bros. won’t be the only big reveal during the company’s Nintendo Direct stream, which will take place on June 11 at 10 a.m. ET. Whether or not what they announce will make Nintendo fans go out an buy a Wii U is yet to be seen, but we’re sure they’re going to try their best to get you to pick one up immediately after their E3 presentation.
Next Story: Diablo 3 Launching On PS3, Xbox 360 September 3
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-09: DIY Nintendo 64 Portable Console
- 2014-04-09: Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned
- 2014-04-09: Nintendo Confirms New Mario Game In The Works
- 2014-04-08: Super Smash Bros. For 3DS Pegged For Summer, Wii U Version For Winter
- 2013-11-15: Super Smash Bros. Will Include Super Mario Galaxy Stage On Wii U, 3DS
- 2013-09-26: Toon Link Added To Super Smash Bros. Wii U, 3DS Roster
- 2013-07-26: New Super Smash Bros. Will Not Have Story-Related Cutscenes
- 2013-07-12: Super Smash Bros. Adds Pikmin And Captain Olimar To Its Roster
- 2013-06-11: Super Smash Bros. For Wii U, 3DS First Gameplay Trailer Debuts At E3