iPhone 5 owners on a number of online forums are claiming that 14.2 carrier update for T-Mobile and AT&T iPhone 5 has been rolled out today. As yet there has been no confirmation from either carrier that it has started rolling out this update. As opposed to iOS firmware updates, carrier updates don’t deal with any software features, they’re rolled out to change carrier settings. Some T-Mobile users are also saying that 14.2 update is not optional like 14.1 was, they claim that this update was automatically installed on their devices, they only came to know of it when they went in the About menu.
There are conflicting reports right now regarding the changes that this update makes. Some claim that LTE speeds on T-Mobile are now slightly faster for them, while some report no change in LTE speeds. Some are reportedly complaining about losing their tethering settings, other say that their settings are exactly the way they were. Those who are running iOS 7 beta 2 say that their iPhones are not showing this carrier version, instead they’re showing 14.5.2. AT&T 14.1 carrier update was released a fortnight ago. We’ll update you on these carrier updates once more information comes in. [Image via TmoNews]
- 2014-04-17: Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-03-12: AT&T CFO Skeptical About Sprint T-Mobile Merger
- 2014-03-09: AT&T Mobile Share Value Plan Price Cut
- 2014-02-09: T-Mobile Wins Lawsuit Against AT&T's Aio Wireless
- 2013-04-14: T-Mobile iPhone Launch Day Was "Gangbusters"
- 2011-04-27: T-Mobile bets $1,000 that the Galaxy S 4G is faster than your iPhone