T-Mobile recently made an announcement that they will be offering a surprise to those who have decided to take up the BlackBerry Z10 from them – by treating them to an update, which means that BlackBerry Z10 owners will be able to enjoy the BlackBerry 10.1 operating system, where it has already started to roll out over the air (OTA). Alternatively, you can also pick it up via the BlackBerry Link computer software if you are interested. What’s new that accompanies the BlackBerry 10.1 update? Well, for starters, owners of this smartphone from T-Mobile will be able to take advantage of HD Voice functionality, improved battery life as well as a fix for an issue that involves duplicate Gmail contacts.
Of course, there are numerous other changes that accompany this particular update, where among them include Out-of-Box experience software updates, where configuration and software updates now happen in the background instead of popping up as a visible task or step in the original release of BlackBerry 10. It will also offer BlackBerry Smart Card Reader 2.0 support, but do bear in mind that prior versions of the BlackBerry Smart Card Reader will not be supported.
Next Story: Facebook 10.2.0 For BlackBerry Announced
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-10: T-Mobile Announces Operation Tablet Freedom
- 2014-04-10: Press Render Of LG L90 For T-Mobile Leaked
- 2014-04-09: T-Mobile's "Simple Starter Plan" Lowers Entry Cost
- 2014-04-03: Sprint's Response To T-Mobile's Uncarrier Revealed In Leaked Photo
- 2013-04-29: T-Mobile BlackBerry Q10 Registration Page Now Live For Business Customers
- 2013-03-26: Blackberry Z10 Now Available From T-Mobile
- 2013-03-26: T-Mobile To Offer Free Alicia Keys Tickets For First 10 Blackberry Z10 Customers
- 2013-03-24: T-Mobile 4G LTE Network Being Tested In 9 Cities
- 2013-03-18: T-Mobile 4G LTE Service Rolling Out This Month