There isn’t much that makes Chinese Android smartphones stand out against the competition these days. Almost all of them have big displays, powerful internal hardware, great cameras and usually run the same iteration of Android. Often manufacturers don’t even release their devices outside of China. A Chinese manufacturer called ThL has done something different, on its latest flagship Android device it has put a 13 megapixel camera on both the front and back of the smartphone.
Dubbed Monkey King, this new smartphone is likely to be made available in limited numbers in China only. That’s because supply volumes of 13 megapixel camera modules are pretty tight, and considering that Thl has installed the module on the front and back, it could mean that they only have a limited amount of camera modules available to them. Even big pocketed manufacturers like Samsung opt for different modules for different variants, only flagships get 13 megapixel cameras and that too on the back only. Variants like Galaxy S4 Active have to do with an 8 megapixel camera module. Come to think of it though, a 13 megapixel front facing camera would turn out some amazing selfies. [Image via CNMO]
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-17: LG G3 Design Rumored To Be Pretty Similar To LG G2
- 2014-04-17: Lumia Icon Power Button Unresponsive After Windows Phone 8.1 Update
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Uses Eco-friendly Packaging In Galaxy Series Devices
- 2014-04-16: AT&T’s LG G Flex Tipped For Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Tomorrow