Microsoft pretty much upset a ton of gamers when they announced their used game policy, although ultimately the decision to re-sell a used game will be in the hands of the publisher. Ubisoft is one of the big names in video game publishing and if you were wondering how the publisher of titles such as Assassin’s Creed had to say about it, it seems that Ubisoft remains on the fence regarding pre-owned games on the Xbox One. Speaking to GameSpot, Ubisoft CEO, Yves Guillemot, was asked whether Ubisoft would allow the sale of used games on the Xbox One. Guillemot’s response was that, “We haven’t decided yet.” We’re not sure if this is a good or bad thing, especially since Microsoft’s stance on the matter was probably made known to the head honchos at publishing companies. Could it be that Ubisoft saw how fans reacted to Sony’s take on used games and decided to reverse the course of action, or are they hoping to let some of the fuss die down before announcing their decision? What do you guys think?
- 2014-04-14: New Xbox One System Update Starts To Roll Out Tonight
- 2014-04-14: Codemasters Teases Announcements, New F1 Title Likely
- 2014-04-13: Ubisoft And musterbrand Team Up For Watch Dogs Apparel And Accessories
- 2014-04-13: Watch Dogs For Wii U Pegged For Fall 2014
- 2014-04-10: Skype For Xbox One Getting Update Next Week
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One YouTube App Will Now Support Uploads
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2013-10-15: Will Watch Dogs Delay Jeopardize PS4/XB1 Bundle Pre-Orders?