Verizon FiOS mobile service allows users to watch live TV channels as well as FiOS video-on-demand on their smartphones and tablets. The service was initially launched for iOS devices, it was first shown off back in 2010. Today Verizon FiOS Mobile for Android has finally been released. It supports most Android devices that run Android 2.3.3 or higher, and is available now for download via Google Play Store.
A TV subscription is mandatory to use Verizon FiOS Mobile on Android and iOS. The service allows streaming of up to 75 channels, such as HBO, TBS, Disney, The NFL Network and more. Users who are subscribed to Starz and Encore can access over 1,500 On-Demand Premium titles. Verizon says that FiOS mobile app for Android has an interface simple enough to be navigated by someone who has never used a tablet or mobile device in their entire life. An added benefit of this app is that the Android device can also be used as a remote control for your HD set-top box. The app also supports parental controls, so content in the app can be restricted to age settings. The app is now live and can be downloaded from here.
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2013-12-17: Verizon FiOS Xbox One App Released
- 2013-10-17: Verizon Galaxy S4 Update Build VRUDMI1 Released
- 2013-05-29: Verizon Galaxy S3 Update Brings Multi-Window And More
- 2013-05-24: Verizon Cloud Offers 500MB Of Free Storage To iOS, Some Android Devices
- 2013-04-18: Archos 35, 50 and 53: New Affordable Unlocked Android Smartphones