Walmart has now permanently slashed prices for iPhone 5 and iPhone 4S. It isn’t unusual to see Apple’s smartphones being offered for low prices, but that’s usually during a promotion of some sort, very rarely are prices dropped permanently. Such permanent drops are often seen when a new iPhone pushes its predecessor down one slot. It was rumored a couple of days ago that Walmart was going to cut prices, what was thought to be a promotion has actually turned out to be a permanent thing.
Walmart will now be offering 16GB iPhone 5 for $129, the smartphone will come with a two year contract, customers can choose from AT&T, Verizon and Sprint. The 16GB iPhone 4S will be available from the same mobile networks for just $39 with a two year contract. AT&T recently started a promotion in which it is offering iPhone 5 for $99 on contract. It is believed that retailers and carriers are initiating these kinds of promotions because Apple wants inventory to clear out before the next generation iPhone hits stores later this year. It is a logical assumption, but for those who have been waiting to get a good deal on a new iPhone 5, this is a good offering.
Next Story: Amazon Pegs Xbox One Release Date On November 27
- 2013-10-01: Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29: iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-09-10: Apple iPhone 5 Discontinued, iPhone 4S Now Free On Contract
- 2013-06-20: Apple Sued Over Call Forwarding Patent By Texas Company
- 2013-05-24: iPhone Repair Costs Rising Due To More Expensive Components
- 2013-05-24: Best Buy Reducing iPhone Price By $50 Starting On May 26