I am quite sure that many of us have already come across some pretty strange and weird designs in the world of motoring in the past, as certain car designers decided to go for broke and actually cause a stir amongst vehicle enthusiasts with some far out designs. Having said that, what you see above is a rather odd ride from Nissan, which will so happen to represent the Japanese car manufacturer at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 2014, where it will be part of the event’s ‘Garage 56’ entry which is reserved for technically advanced, innovative vehicles.
Earlier this February, Nissan already confirmed that it will finally make an official return to the famous 24-hour race in 2014, and this new ride shall be called the ZEOD RC (Zero Emission On Demand Racing Car). The ZEOD RC will be a testbed for technologies that will hopefully be eventually implemented on a new prototype that will participate in Le Mans’ premier LMP1 category. That dream will definitely take a fair number of years before it can be achieved though, but good things do come to those who wait, right?
- 2014-03-03: Nissan's Smart Rearview Mirror Relies On Cameras
- 2014-03-03: Nissan LEAF Battery Survives Abuse In Video
- 2014-01-27: Nissan ZEOD RC Fuel Engine Might Be Small, But It Has a Fierce Bite
- 2014-01-15: Use The Force To Discover The Nissan Juke
- 2013-12-16: Nissan Powers Building In Japan With Electric Cars