Nintendo’s Wii U has been struggling ever since it was launched this past November, and just last week, we reported on GameStop confirming it was sending back The Wii U Basic Set back to Nintendo by the middle of this month. It looks like they’re not the only major U.S. retailer who will be sending back its Wii U Basic Sets as Best Buy is reportedly joining GameStop in returning the Wii U.
According to a tipster who sent an internal Best Buy document to Nintendo World Report, Best Buy is stating stores “should pull all new in box units and send them back.” This, of course, is in regards to the Wii U Basic Sets, which the document says will start being sent back to Nintendo on June 10 – 11, a week ahead of when GameStop is expected to send back their Wii U Basic Sets.
As for the Wii U Deluxe Sets, the Best Buy memo notes more units should be arriving “in the coming weeks,” which we think would be safe to assume will be the only Wii U option available for sale in store at both Best Buy and GameStop in the coming weeks.
- 2014-04-17: Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17: Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-09: DIY Nintendo 64 Portable Console
- 2014-04-09: Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned
- 2013-06-14: Microsoft Employees Ambush Wii U Best Buy Events To Promote Xbox One
- 2013-05-29: Nintendo Announces Best Buy Locations For Wii U E3 Demos
- 2013-05-17: Nintendo Partners With Best Buy To Allow Fans Access To Unreleased Wii U Games During E3 2013