Microsoft has reportedly slated Windows Phone 8 GDR2 update release for July. A list of updates has been posted by a support team member of Telstra, an Australian carrier, the list includes updates that the carrier’s devices are going to receive over the next couple of months. The list reveals that both Lumia 520 and Lumia 920 WP8 GDR2 update will exit testing round on July 1st and July 8th respectively, aiding speculation that the update may be rolled out to all users in July.
The Amber WP8 update is actually limited to Nokia’s Windows Phone 8 devices. It will bring a new clock and the new Smart Camera application, apart from a host of other Nokia specific enhancements. This and the GDR2 update will both also bring support for FM radios to compatible devices. It is not known how many of the features from Amber will be made available to compatible devices from other manufacturers. Telstra’s list doesn’t exactly pin point a precise date on which the GDR2 update is going to be released, at least it provides a time frame in which the update can be expected. The list also includes HTC’s devices, though the company itself hasn’t detailed any plans related to the Windows Phone 8 GDR2 update.RELATED
- Motorola Droid MAXX Review
- Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition Released
- Ubuntu Touch OS Finally Has Its First Smartphone Partner
- Galaxy S5 And Galaxy Note 4 Might Have PLS LCD Displays
- Leap Motion Gesture Control Could Debut On Smartphones And Tablets Late Next Year
- Follow: Microsoft, windows phone 8,