Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer will gladly host you for lunch at Yahoo’s headquarters, provided that you can win this experience that’s actually up for auction. Marissa has teamed up with CharityBuzz, a platform high profile individuals use to raise money for charity, to auction off a one hour lunch experience. All of the proceeds from this auction will go to the Aspire East Palo Alto Charter School.
This isn’t the first time that a Silicon Valley CEO has auctioned off such an experience. Just last month Apple CEO Tim Cook offered a 1 hour coffee experience with him at Apple HQ. The experience was valued at $50,000 but the winning bid on this auction was a staggering $610,000. Marissa will have lunch with the winning bidder at URLs, which is a canteen at Yahoo HQ. The bidding will end on 27th June. This particular experience is valued at $25,000 but as of this writing, the current bid stands at $52,500. Do you think Marissa will be able to top Tim Cook’s $610,000? That’s beside the point. What matters is that all of this money will go to a good cause. Let the bidding war begin!
Next Story: Huawei Ascend P6 Specs And New Emotion UI Leaked
- 2014-04-16: Yahoo Wants To Become iOS' Default Search
- 2014-04-15: Yahoo And Vevo Partner Up For Original Music Programming
- 2014-04-07: Yahoo Planning To Acquire High-End Original Programming [Report]
- 2014-04-02: Yahoo Works On Encrypting Their Services
- 2014-04-01: Yahoo's Charge Against YouTube May Be Fuelled By $300 Million Acquisition